22 Ogos 2010

what aboot what about me

~riyal~

what about me what about me
what about all the possiblities
what about me what about me
maybe im not tall enough to reach.

this song is called 'what about me' by ryan knorr on youtube. Its quite a nice song. Check it out you have time. Eminem's recent song not afraid has rekindled my interest in song with meaningful lyrics. Recently you have songs that are wonderful to listen to but the lyrics leaves little for the soul to attach itself too. Tik tok is good example. It a song I love but theres is no jist to the lyrics.

In the song 'not afraid' by Eminem there are a few memorable lines. For example theres this line "imma treat this roof like my daughters and raise it" and "im reaching for the moon but im too busy gazing at the stars". Brilliance personified withing melodic verbal exuberance. It brings me back to the day when I used to endlessly listen to the rythm and rhymes of Mike Shinoda in Fort minor. His lyrics made sence. It wasnt a feeble attempt to enter into a club's music shortlist.